Whether you are in traditional e-commerce, dropshipping or affiliation, you can offer different types of products to your customers.
In this tutorial, we will discover all the possible types of products you can create on your online store.
Types of online stores and their product pages
Traditional e-commerce with WiziShop allows you to sell your own products and manage your inventory, whether you have a physical store or not. The product sheet is therefore a crucial element, as it allows you to present and sell a product efficiently.
Dropshipping with Dropizi allows you to directly import your product pages from your suppliers' platforms, and you don't manage the stock of these products or the delivery of your orders. However, it is important to rework your product pages so that they are unique, appealing and stand out from your competition.
Affiliate e-commerce with Evolup is an online sales system where companies (advertisers) offer commissions to individuals or businesses (affiliates) who promote their products or services using unique affiliate links.
Evolup product listings are imported directly from your affiliate partner (Amazon Partners or other). The goal is still to optimize your product pages to maximize visitor conversion with your affiliate partner.
Types of products
In e-commerce, it is possible to propose a wide variety of products and offers to your customers. Find here the different types of products that can be configured on your online store:
- Physical products: these are physical products that can be delivered to the customer's address, such as clothes, electronics, furniture, books, toys, food, cosmetics, etc.
- Digital products: these are intangible products that can be downloaded online, such as e-books, software, music, photos, online courses, service subscriptions, etc.
- Customizable products: These are products that are made to the customer's specifications and preferences, such as custom clothing, custom jewelry, business cards, wedding invitations, personalized gifts, etc.
- Gift cards: these are prepaid cards that your customers can give to someone as a gift. Gift cards are often used as an alternative to physical gifts
- Baskets or product bundles: These are products that can be sold pre-assembled or that can be put together by your customers to create their own personalized set.
- Pre-order products: these are products that are announced before their official release and can therefore be ordered in advance.
- Products with booking option: These products have a booking option for the clients.
The different product statuses
There are 3 different product statuses:
- Not displayed
There is a fourth state which is "Draft" and which simply corresponds to a product sheet which is in the process of being written and/or incomplete. As soon as you complete 100% of your product page, it will automatically switch to "Displayed" status.
☝️ Good to know
As you do not handle the stock of your products in affiliation, there are only 2 statuses of products on the Evolup solution :
💬 Feel free to contact your Business Coaches if you have any questions!