In this tutorial, we will look at how to deactivate your store if, for example, you are on going on vacation or your store is undergoing temporary maintenance.
First, it is important to note that a website that is indexed by Google should never be put offline, even for a short period of time. This would have a considerable impact on your SEO and Google would not understand why your store is suddenly unavailable.
It is much better to leave a clear message on your store, informing your customers that you are reducing your business hours due to holidays or temporary maintenance. Here's how you can post various messages on your store to inform your visitors or customers of business interruption or maintenance:
- In Content > Homepage Content, add a text or image block with the message you wish to display on the homepage. Example: "We are currently on vacation, and we will start processing orders again January. Thank you for your understanding."
- In Settings (cogwheel) > Store Settings, in the Ordering Process tab and Message in the cart section, add a message to your cart.
- Also add a message to your transactional emails.
Some settings will also allow you to manage your orders more easily if necessary:
- Temporarily increase your order preparation and delivery times
- Deactivate your payment methods so that your visitors will not be able to complete the purchase process:.
⚠️ Watch Out
Temporarily deactivating your store will not affect your subscription, which will remain active.
💬 Feel free to contact your Business Coaches should you have any questions!