☝ If you run a dropshipping store, you will not manage delivery yourself. To set up delivery for a dropshipping store, see this tutorial !
Setting up your delivery options is an essential part of setting up your store. Here's how to do it. Go to Configuration (cogwheel) > Manage my delivery options.
Type of calculation
This is where you will define whether your store will apply delivery costs to the products.
Note: Delivery costs on your store should only be deactivated if you sell services or digital products.
Preparation time for products in stock
Here you will set the preparation time for your products in stock, according to a number of business days, and whether this applies to all orders or orders finalized before a specific time.
Preparation time for products not in stock
Here, you will set the preparation time for your products that are no longer in stock.
List of delivery options
This section has 3 tabs :
- List of delivery options
Here, you can add a new delivery option, edit your cost ranges or the settings of your existing delivery options.
- Default delivery option
You can choose a default delivery option for each country. If you do not select any option for a given country, your customer will be offered the cheapest option. If several delivery options are available, the customer can pick the one that best meets their needs.
- Classify delivery options
In addition to selecting a default delivery option for each country, you can set a display order by dragging and dropping your options :
Note : your customer will not be offered every option you set up, the system will only offer delivery option according to the ordered product(s) and the country of delivery.
Configure your delivery methods
To add a delivery option, click on Add a delivery option.
You will be able to select various options among home delivery, collection point and Click & collect
Let us take FedEx home delivery as an example :
Next, fill in the requested information (title, description, etc.):
- Enter your carrier's name as a title
- Fill in the carrier code if required (this field is optional, it is only used if you sell your products through marketplaces. It allows marketplaces to know which delivery option to associate with each product, in order to give it a reference number)
- Write a short description of your delivery option (and add the average delivery times and applicable shipping fees, for example)
- Select the country or countries of delivery
- If you only offer delivery to one country and want to limit delivery to certain areas within that country, list the corresponding postcodes
- Next, specify how you calculate your shipping fees:
- Select which of your products will be delivered by this carrier:
Note: If you have numerous products, and there are only a few that you don’t want to ship using this carrier, apply the delivery method to all your products, and then go through your list of products to exclude them from this specific delivery option: 👉 Add or delete a delivery method from several products
- Set your shipping time, and choose whether it will be displayed in your ordering process and in the order confirmation emails:
💡 The delivery time calculation is based on business days. Weekends and bank holidays are not included.
Click on “business days” to include Saturday and Sunday if needed.
- You can customize the logo of your delivery option (each option comes with a default logo).
- Next, specify the applicable VAT:
- Then, choose whether you offer free delivery over a certain purchase value:
Next, click on Set up shipping costs and specify your price bands. We recommend that you base these on your carrier's fees.
💬 Don’t hesitate to contact your Business Coaches if you have any questions!