The announcement bar is a widely used tool in e-commerce. To be placed at the top or at the bottom of your site, on your home page only, or on all your pages, it will allow you to highlight a communication in particular, a current promotion, free delivery, a discount code, etc.
Setting up the announcement bar
- Define the background of your announcement bar: you can choose between the recommended colors or add a custom color or choose a theme.
Write the content of your announcement bar:
- Your text content: You can edit your text, change the color of the text, add a background color, make the text bold...
- Display a button on the bar.
- You can add a button on the emergency bar: you can determine the text of the button, its color, and its background color.
- Finish by adding the link to which your button will redirect.
Choose the position of the bar:
- At the top of the website: your bar will be placed at the top of your website
- At the top / Always visible : your bar will be placed at the top of your website and will be frozen, even when you go down on your page.
- Bottom / Always visible : your bar will be placed at the bottom of your website and will be frozen, even when you go down on your page.
Display of the bar: You can decide to display your emergency bar on all pages of your site, on the home page only, informational pages, etc.
Activating (Deactivating) the announcement bar
To display your emergency bar in your store, click on the "Activated" switch button.
If you wish to deactivate it, simply pass the switch button over the "Activated since xx/xx/xxxx".
Don't hesitate to empty your store's cache if you still see your emergency bar on your store despite the deactivation.
☝️ Good to know
For optimization and ergonomic reasons, on mobile, the "always visible" option is not available.
💡 Useful tips
- Feel free to use our customized variants feature to enrich and bring your announcement bar to life.
- Use the Timer variant to display a timer on your announcement bar.
💬 Feel free to contact your Business Coaches if you have any questions!