The Background video WiziBlock will allow you to add a video to your page, to which you can text and auto-play.
1. In the side menu, click on the Background video WiziBlock :
2. Choose your layout :
WiziBlock configuration :
Click on the cogwheel in the top-left corner of the block. In the side menu, various options will allow you to set up the space before the following block, the maximum size* of the WiziBlock, whether the block is hidden** and other options specific to each block (background color, parallax effects, styles, etc.)
* The Maximum size of the WiziBlock is the maximum width your block will have. The Small size corresponds to a width of 1024 px, the Medium size to a width of 1440 px and the Large size to a width of 1920 px. The Full screen size will display your block in full width. Note, however, that depending on the viewer's screen resolution and the type of block, some exceptions may apply. For example, text blocks will not be displayed in full-screen mode. They will automatically be displayed in Large size. Similarly, on very large screens, it is possible that the Full screen size is not adapted, and your block will automatically be switched to Large size for ergonomic reasons.
** The Hide block option allows you to temporarily hide the block. You can continue to configure it when it is hidden, and then decide to display it on your page when it's ready.
The next options in the menu will allow you to add the link to your video, display/hide control buttons, turn autoplay on/off, mute your video and play it on a loop.
☝ Good to know:
- To make sure that your videos that you want to add are displayed properly, they should be hosted on YouTube or Vimeo before being downloaded to your store. Do be mindful of the fact that many videos posted on YouTube and Vimeo are copyrighted and may not be used. You will need to use your own videos or look for a video that is not protected by copyright. Have a look at Pexels, a website with a whole range of free videos.
- Our system automatically crops videos to hide default control buttons (the video is slightly zoomed in). You will have to take this into consideration when downloading your videos.
- To avoid having two black bands on either side of your video, check that it is filmed in landscape format, not portrait.
- If your videos are hosted on YouTube and you don’t want them to be listed on it, you can change the privacy settings so that your video can appear on your store without it appearing in YouTube search results.
💬 Please do not hesitate to contact your Business Coaches should you have any questions!