Remarketing (or retargeting advertising) is a method allowing you to re-reach a visitor who has not completed any order on your store. It consists of strategically showing your ads to audiences who have visited your store but have not completed a purchase, when they’re browsing Google or its partner websites.
You can easily activate this tracking very simply via a dedicated module.
To follow the steps in this tutorial, log in to your Google Ads account, or create an account with Google if you don't already have one.
Create your Google Ads tracking tag
In your Google Ads interface, here are the steps to follow :
- Go to the "Tools and settings" tab, then "Audience manager"
- Click on "Your data sources"
- Then, in the "Google Ads" tag, click "Set up tag"
- Select "standard remarketing data", so that your tag can collect general visit data
- Then click on "Save and continue"
- In "Tag setup", select the "Install the tag yourself" method
- In the drop-down pane, simply copy your ID (without the "AW-") to your clipboard and click on "Continue"
Activate Google Remarketing in your administration area
Go to Settings > Tags & External services of your dashboard, in the "Google Remarketing" module, click on "Activate the service", then paste your ID into the dedicated field.
All you have to do now is wait until Google registers a sufficient number of users on your store (at least a hundred) to start recording data in your Google Ads space, and thus start your remarketing campaigns.
💬 Feel free to contact your Business Coaches if you have any questions!