Drafting your Sales terms & conditions (STC) is an essential process you will have to complete before your store goes online. These pages are mandatory, they frame the relationship between the retailer and the customer.
On our solution, a pre-drafted template of STC and Legal notices is available, so you can easily get started.
To complete your pages, go to Content > Your pages.
This section includes 5 default pages, which you will be able to :
How do I complete and modify my GTC and legal information?
Editing your information
To edit your STC, simply complete the sections in bold and italics with the corresponding information, and be sure to delete the first paragraph of explanatory text.
To best adapt your STC to your activity, don’t hesitate to have them completed and checked by a legal expert.
The "Consumer Mediators" insert on your GTC template is mandatory information that must be completed for your GTCs to be compliant. Since January 1, 2016, you must, as a professional, allow any consumer access to a consumer mediation scheme with a view to the amicable resolution of any potential dispute.
Once you have completed your text block, you can customize the Configuration / SEO of your page if required:
- Titles to be displayed on the page and in the menu
- H1 tag
- Page location
- Title, meta-description and indexing of your page.
Please note that we recommend that you retain the default settings for these elements and do not modify them. As our store's GTC and legal pages are de-indexed from Google by default (as they do not contain any SEO-relevant information), SEO configuration of these pages is not necessary. Our system is set up in such a way that you hardly need to make any changes at all.
All you have to do now is follow the same procedure for your Legal page, then click on Save at the top of the page, and your GTC and legal information will be online!
⚠️ Watch Out
- Your STC page cannot be deleted. We strongly advise you not to delete your Legal notices and Cancellation request page, either. These pages are mandatory on any active ecommerce website.
- Once you've set your page as default, you won't be able to delete it, and you won't be able to set another page as default.
☝️ Good to know
- Setting a page as default means that you tell our system that this is the page containing your terms and conditions. It will then be automatically associated with your order process, enabling your customers to consult your terms and conditions before validating their order.
- There is no legal requirement for your customers to check the box to validate your terms and conditions. There is no legal documentation to indicate this. However, it is mandatory to obtain the informed consent of your user, and the obligation essentially resides in the fact that the GTCs must be visible to the customer at the click of a button. It is for this reason that an explicit statement exists above the "Finalize my order" button on your store's order tunnel: "By clicking on the button to validate your order, you agree to abide by the Terms and conditions which you acknowledge that you have read, understood and accepted in their entirety." A link to your terms and conditions also appears above the "Finalize my order" button.
💬 Feel free to contact your Business Coaches if you have any questions!