This is the most common option when using product variants. Its purpose is to offer the customer a choice for a product (size, color, shoe size, pattern, etc.).
We will demonstrate here with the example of a t-shirt. You want to sell 4 different sizes: S, M, L and XL. To create this type of variant, here are the steps to follow:
- Go to the "Variants" tab of the desired product page, click on "Manage variants" then "Add a variant" and "Create a new variant".
- Enter the title of the variant (this name will allow you to find your variation later if you want to apply it to several products).
- Then fill in the second title which concerns the display on the site. You will be able to describe your variants to your potential customer (Example: "Choose your size").
- Confirm this first step.
- Then add the different choices and click on "Create a simple variant". This will automatically create a mandatory variant (your customer is obliged to select a choice) for which you will have to manage the reference, the weight, the stock and the price of each variant.
- Apply this variant to your product.
You then have access to the table directly in the product file.
On the left, you can select the choice that will be presented by default to your customer.
On the right, you can deselect a choice so that it does not appear on the site.
All you have to do is fill in the different fields and publish your product!
☝️ Good to know
To add variants to your products, use the "advanced mode" on your product page.
💬 Feel free to contact your Business Coaches if you have any questions!