Creating an online store can take a long time. So it’s important to have a first presence on the Internet very quickly. This will allow you to have a first listing on Google and other search engines and to benefit from an initial visibility.
We’ve therefore decided to offer you a tool to take advantage of this first online presence.
To do this, simply go to Appearance > Website under construction to discover the 2 available solutions.
- Set up a page under construction
- Start a blog featuring your store
💡 Useful tips
- Think about quickly customizing your own domain name
- Add your logo in the Appearance > Logo & Favicon (How do I add my logo on my store?)
- If you choose a blog, try to write between 1 and 3 articles per week
- If you choose a page under construction, remember to include your contact details and links to your social media pages
- If you choose a page under construction, you can give access to your stored being prepared to one of your suppliers or to your banker, for example. To do this, you have 2 options :
☝️ Good to know
If your store is already open to the public, and you'd like to put it back in Construction, you can do so autonomously via the Appearances > Website under construction section, without losing any of the work already done on your store.
However, it's important to note that it's essential to maintain the availability of a site published and indexed by Google at all times. Taking the store offline, even for a short time, can have a significant impact on SEO: Temporarily deactivate my store.
💬 Feel free to contact your Business Coaches if you have any questions!