Before you sell your store to a third party, here are a few things you should know.
- To hand over your website, you can deal directly with the buyer, but you can also post an ad on a dedicated marketplace, to broaden your target of potential buyers. Dotmarket is a platform that will allow you to put your store for sale very easily.
- You will have to decide on the selling price of your store. Several criteria must be taken into account to calculate it. This detailed article (in French) gives you the different elements to evaluate to help you.
Things to do on your store:
- If you wish to stop orders on your store before the sale is concluded, you can deactivate your payment options (change them to Test status (only visible to you)).
- Monthly invoicing will be maintained until your website is taken over. In your ad or by direct message, you should inform the buyer that you have a subscription with a commitment if it is the case.
You can then edit the information about the account and the store manager in the following sections in WiziShop:
- My Account > Personal information (to change the login information)
- My Store > Store details (to change the store manager's contact information)
- My store > Manage users (to change user profiles or add some)
- Settings (cogwheel) > Orders & Invoices > Orders tab (to change the email address that receives order notifications)
- My Account > Payment details (to change your invoicing information)
Note that the buyer will have to change the store's payment and shipping options as well to set up their own.
💬 Feel free to contact your Business Coaches if you have any questions!