On your administration space, it is possible to create as many user accounts as you want.
You will be able to give access to your administration space to other people by creating an account for them and assigning them rights.
For example, you can give access to add products to one of your collaborators while preventing him from seeing your orders.
Add a user
To create a user access, go to My Account > My Store > Manage Users.
Then click on "Add a user".
Then simply enter the user's email address and select the stores to which he will have access (if you have several stores).
He will receive an email with his login and password (which he can change later).
☝️ Good to know
If your collaborator is already a user of our solution, he will not receive an email and will simply have to refresh the page in his administration space to find your store in his list of stores.
Define your user's role
Pre-registered roles are suggested to define your user’s right:
- Account Administrator: An administrator has access to all the administration areas sections, as do you. They can also manage users.
- Manager: A manager has access to all the administration area sections, as do you, but cannot manage users or link several stores.
- Editor: An editor has access to the Products, Pages and Blog sections to create and change the content. They also have access to all the tools in these sections.
- Logistics officer: A logistician only has access to the Order List and the Customer List.
- Marketing manager: A marketing manager has access to all the Products and Marketing section.
- Design: A designer only has access to Appearance.
- Customized: You can define the specific sections and sub-sections to which the user has a right of access. Note that if you do not select any section, the user will only have access to the public part of your store. This setting may be useful, for example, if you would like your store to be accessible to your bank before you make it public.
Once signed in, users will only have access to the ticked sections. The sections to which they will not have access will not be displayed.
⚠️ Watch Out
The email address which you used to create your account will, by default, have Owner access.
This is the same as Administrator access, but it cannot be deleted, even by an Administrator.
☝️ Good to know
If you are using the Evolup solution, you have only 2 roles to assign: Account Administrator and Manager
💬 Feel free to contact your Business Coaches should you have any questions!