When your store becomes successful, the traffic increase often engenders an increase in the reception of spams. Your contact form can be overwhelmed with automatic emails and managing the contacts with your clients may become difficult.
To help you sift through the spams, Google set up a checking tool that blocks the reception of automatic messages.
Note that with version 3 of the tool, your clients will no longer need to click on a box or identify cars and traffic lights on a series of images. Now, Google reCAPTCHA automatically analyzes activities on the website and gives a score between 0,0 and 1,0. This score assesses if interactions between website and user are suspect or not, and blocks the message according to the score obtained.
Go to the Google reCAPTCHA tool and sign in your Google account if you are not yet connected. Fill in the following information:
- Label: use a caption allowing you to identify easily the store where you install it (if you have several stores)
- reCAPTCHA type: select reCAPTCHA version 3
- Domains : enter the domain name(s) of your store(s), without https://
- Accept reCAPTCHA conditions of use
- Tick the box Send alerts to owners if it is not ticked yet
- Click on the button Submit
Copy the site key and the secret key in your clipboard.
In your administration area on our solution, go to the section Configuration > Tags & External services, choose the reCAPTCHA service then :
- Activate the service
- Paste the keys and click outside the field to save the keys
- Set up the intensity of your anti-spam service. We recommend a Medium Anti-spam efficiency, but you may have to raise the protection rate if you still receive a lot of spams
💬 Feel free to contact your Business Coaches if you have any questions!