Launching your online store also means deciding what type of customers you’re going to target. Is your catalog for private individuals, or for professionals?
Managing a store dedicated to the general public (B2C = Business to Customer) is not the same as managing a store dedicated to professionals (B2B = Business to Business).
B2B has advantages:
- Your target is better identified because it often operates in a very specific sector, which automatically places you in a dedicated niche.
- Your average shopping cart is frequently very high because you can act as a wholesaler.
- You can more easily establish long-term partnerships with suppliers and customers.
But in order to succeed, you need to be fully aware of the expectations of your professional clients, and you need to know how to be flexible. Getting into B2B can therefore be a good idea if you’ve already been working in a specific sector for a few years, and you know all the subtleties and types of customers.
☝️ Things to know before getting started:
- Unlike a standard B2C transaction, sales to professionals will always be excl. tax. Your prices should therefore be established accordingly.
- The standard is that B2B e-commerce websites require pre-registration before being able to access the catalog/product prices. Your store must therefore be correctly set up.
These set-up options are available on WiziShop if you want to start selling to professionals. All you need to do is create your store, then activate the B2B option at the time of its official launch!
👉 Activate the B2B option on your WiziShop store
💬 Don’t hesitate to contact your Business Coaches if you have any questions!