The enhanced menu is particularly useful for ecommerce sites that offer a wide variety of products or complex products, as it allows users to navigate the site more easily and quickly find what they are looking for.
With the enhanced menu, you can create very complete navigation menus, mixing product categories, images, links and information pages.
It can be effective to set up a rich menu for several reasons:
- Clarity and organization: With 3 levels of categories, your users can easily navigate the site and find what they are looking for without getting lost.
- Flexibility: The 3 levels of categories allow for greater flexibility in the organization of products, offering more possibilities for grouping them according to their nature and relevance.
- Improved user experience: Clear and organized navigation makes it easier to find products and improves the user experience. Users can quickly find what they are looking for and are more likely to stay on the site longer.
- Better SEO: With well-defined categories and subcategories, the e-commerce site can be better understood by search engines, which can improve the site's SEO.
- Increased sales: By providing clear and organized navigation, users are more likely to find products that interest them, which can increase the chances of conversion and improve sales.
Activating the enhanced menu
To set up your enhanced menu, go to your administration space in the Appearance > Enhanced Menu section and activate it.
This feature will allow you to set up your menus (tabs) on your store. Your menu will remain light and your store visitors will be able to navigate in a fluid way.
You can simulate up to 3 levels of categories:
- 1st level: Tab
- 2ᵉ level: Main category
- 3ᵉ level: Subcategory
☝️ Good to Know
In a tab, you can add categories (and subcategories), however, you can also add images, informative pages or links.
After activating your enhanced menu, you can add the tabs you want.
Configuration of my enhanced menu
Start by adding one by one your different tabs via the dedicated button. There is no limit to the number of tabs you can add, however, keep in mind that the purpose of activating the enhanced menu is to organize your menu and make it more uncluttered and easier to navigate, so keep the user experience in mind when creating the tabs. We therefore advise you not to exceed 8 tabs.
- Define the name of the tab
- If you wish, you can make the tab clickable and link to the URL of your choice
- In each of the created tabs, you can configure up to 4 columns to :
- add a category and its existing sub-categories
- add an informative page previously created
- add an image from your image manager (you can make it clickable by adding a link)
- insert a link to any of your pages (free pages or sub-categories for example).
☝️ Good to know
When adding a link to your enhanced menu, you have 2 possibilities:
- Either, you paste the complete URL (with your domain name).
- Or, you can paste the end of the URL (without your domain name). In this case, remember to add "/" before the end of the URL to avoid generating a 404 error.
💬 Feel free to contact your Business Coaches if you have any questions!