When you do dropshipping, your supplier is responsible for delivering your orders.
How does it work?
Although the delivery is handled by your supplier, it is essential that you add a delivery method on your store. This delivery method will only allow you to inform your customers about the delivery times and any costs to be expected. Note that delivery does not matter with your products, you have to configure it manually.
☝️ Good to know
It is unnecessary to add delivery methods such as La Poste, Mondial Relay, etc. if your supplier is responsible for the delivery.
To set up your delivery method, go to Configuration > Manage my delivery options and set up the general rules :
- Type of calculation : Whether to apply delivery charges.
- Preparation time for products in stocks : The preparation time is taken into account in the delivery time. Note that by default, it is calculated on working days (Monday to Friday). You will need to include Saturday and Sunday if you wish the calculation to take into account all days of the week.
Preparation times for the products that are not in stock
You can add your delivery method and choose "Other carrier" :
The preparation time is taken into account in the delivery time. Note that by default, it is calculated on working days (Monday to Friday). Saturday and Sunday must be included if you want the calculation to be carried out taking into account all the days of the week.
You can add your delivery method and select "Custom carrier":
- Title: You must name your delivery method here. This is the title that your customers will see when they choose the delivery. For example, you can write: Standard delivery.
- Description: You will need to give more details here about your delivery method. For example: Home delivery within 15 working days.
- Country: Here you must select the countries to which the orders can be sent.
- Application: Apply this delivery mode to all products automatically or to selected products manually.
- Method of calculation: Here you can select the option of your choice on the calculation methods of your delivery costs.
- Timeframes: Here you must indicate the delivery times according to the delivery offered by your supplier. As with the preparation times, by default, we count in working days.
- Marketing: Offer delivery on orders over a certain amount.
☝️ Good to know
- Depending on the seller, delivery times can be relatively long, especially on AliExpress. It may be worth making your delivery costs free. For this, you can include the delivery costs when calculating your purchase price.
- If the products you import have different delivery times (some 15 - 20 days, others 30 - 45 days), plan a specific delivery method for each one.
What weight do I enter on the product pages?
Here you need to use the weight indicated on the AliExpress product pages when possible. If the product page does not indicate a weight, then enter a fictitious weight that approximates it.
💬 Feel free to contact your Business Coaches if you have any questions!