In this tutorial we are going to look at how to host a file (pdf, image, etc) and add a link to that file on a product page. This method also works on a free page, or a blog, and so on.
For this tutorial we have chosen to host the file on Google Drive but it could be done on other platforms such as Dropbox or OneDrive. The process is broadly the same. If you do not have any account with one of these platforms you will need to create one.
Create your link
If you have a Google account, go to your Google Drive then click on My Drive and import the document you wish to create a link for.
Once the document imported :
- Click on it and select it, so you can enter the editing tool.
- Click next on the Share button on the top right of your document.
- A new window will open, you can tick Anyone with the link.
- Lastly, click on Save.
Add the download link on your store
On your administration space, your download link can be added in several places.
Description of a product sheet, a category or a blog post
Your download link can be added via the text block system:
- From the "Information > Long Description" tab of the desired product page
- From the description of your desired product category
- From the content of the desired blog post
To do this, here are the steps to follow:
- In the text editor, enter the term where the link will be placed.
- Highlight this term with your mouse, then click on the "link" tool among the tools of the text editor.
- In the window that opens, select the protocol "https://".
- Paste in the "URL" field, the URL of your download link.
- Then click on the "Target" tab and choose "New window (_blank)" from the drop-down menu. This will open a new window when you click on the link.
- Save your changes so that they can be applied to your store.
Home page content and information pages (Pages+)
Most of the WiziBlocks present in these 2 sections allow you to add a link to text thanks to the "Element configuration" button present in the general settings of each WiziBlock.
💬 Feel free to contact your Business Coaches should you have any questions!