Depending on the countries in which your customers live, there may be differences in the services that they use to order online. The Stripe Banks solution, which has recently been integrated into WiziShop, allows you to offer payment methods that are specific to certain countries:
- Bancontact: Bancontact is the most widely used payment system in Belgium. The transaction fees applied by Stripe to a Bancontact payment will be 1.4% + € 0.25/transaction.
- FPX: FPX is a Malaysian payment method that allows customer to carry out online transactions using their bank’s login details.
- EPS: EPS is an Austrian payment method that is accepted by around 80% of online businesses in Austria. The transaction fees applied by Stripe for an EPS payment will be 1.6% + €0.25/transaction.
- Giropay: Giropay is a German payment method that allows customers of the majority of Germany’s savings banks and cooperative banks to carry out transactions online using their bank’s online interface. The transaction fees applied by Stripe for a Giropay payment will be 1.4% + €0.25/transaction.
- iDEAL: iDEAL is a payment method used in the Netherlands, which allows customers to carry out transactions online by using their bank login details. The transaction fees applied by Stripe for an iDEAL payment will be €0.85/transaction.
- Przelewy24: Przelewy24 (P24) is a Polish payment method that allows users to carry out transactions online by transferring money directly from their bank account. The transaction fees applied by Stripe for a Przelewy24 payment will be 2.2% + €0.25/transaction.
- SoFort: SoFort payments is a European payment organization that accepts payments from customers living in Austria, Belgium, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, and Spain. The transaction fees applied by Stripe for a SoFort payment will be 1.4% + €0.25/transaction.
Activate Stripe Banks
The setting up procedure is the same for each payment organization. Here are the steps to follow :
- Create an account on Stripe if this has not already been done
- Fill out the registration form with your online store, company and banking information
- The email and password requested at the end of the registration form will allow you, once your account is validated, to connect to your Stripe account to process your customers' payments.
- Once you have completed and submitted this form, you will need to wait for Stripe to confirm that your account has been validated.
- Once your account has been created, go to the "Settings" section of your Stripe space and then to the "Product Settings" section > "Payment methods".
- You will then just have to activate the payment methods from the list that you want to offer on your store.
It can take up to 24 hours to activate the various modules on your Stripe account. You will need to wait a little before carrying out a test payment.
Setting up Stripe Banks on your store
The Stripe module and the various payment modules offered by the Stripe solution (Bancontact, FPX, EPS, etc.) are separate payment methods. Even if you have already activated the Stripe module, you must also activate the desired add-on module to offer it on your store.
Once you have your Stripe Banks payment methods enabled on your Stripe space, here are the steps to configure Stripe Banks on your store:
- Go to the Configuration section (cogwheel) > Manage my payment methods and select the desired Stripe Banks payment module
- Then simply click on "Connect with Stripe" and provide your Stripe ID and password
Your Stripe Banks payment module is now present on your store's checkout tunnel.
💡 Useful tip
Remember to test and activate the payment method so that it is functional on your store.
💬 Feel free to contact your Business Coaches should you have any questions!