Depending on the countries in which your customers live, there may be differences in the services that they use to order online. The Stripe Banks solution, which has recently been integrated into WiziShop, allows you to offer payment methods that are specific to certain countries:
- Bancontact: Bancontact is the most widely used payment system in Belgium. The transaction fees applied by Stripe to a Bancontact payment will be 1.4% + € 0.25/transaction.
- FPX: FPX is a Malaysian payment method that allows customer to carry out online transactions using their bank’s login details.
- EPS: EPS is an Austrian payment method that is accepted by around 80% of online businesses in Austria. The transaction fees applied by Stripe for an EPS payment will be 1.6% + €0.25/transaction.
- Giropay: Giropay is a German payment method that allows customers of the majority of Germany’s savings banks and cooperative banks to carry out transactions online using their bank’s online interface. The transaction fees applied by Stripe for a Giropay payment will be 1.4% + €0.25/transaction.
- iDEAL: iDEAL is a payment method used in the Netherlands, which allows customers to carry out transactions online by using their bank login details. The transaction fees applied by Stripe for an iDEAL payment will be €0.85/transaction.
- Przelewy24: Przelewy24 (P24) is a Polish payment method that allows users to carry out transactions online by transferring money directly from their bank account. The transaction fees applied by Stripe for a Przelewy24 payment will be 2.2% + €0.25/transaction.
- SoFort: SoFort payments is a European payment organization that accepts payments from customers living in Austria, Belgium, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, and Spain. The transaction fees applied by Stripe for a SoFort payment will be 1.4% + €0.25/transaction.
Setting up the modules: Bancontact example
The setting up procedure is the same for each payment organization. We will look at how to set up Bancontact. The first step consists in creating an account on Stripe if this has not already been done:
Once you have set up your account, go to your Settings
Then, to Product settings > Payment methods :
You will simply need to activate the Bancontact payment method (and the other payment methods from the list that you want to offer on your store)
Once you have activated the option, go to Setting > Manage My Payment Options in the WiziShop administration to activate the corresponding module on your store:
- Login to the module with your Stripe account:
- Once your module changes from Test (only visible to me), you will simply need to switch it to Active (visible to all):
Your payment module has now been installed on your store!
- The Stripe module and the various payment modules offered by the Stripe solution (Bancontact, FPX, EPS, and so on) are distinct payment methods. Even if you have already activated the Stripe module, you will also need to activate the additional chosen module offered for your store.
- It can take up to 24 hours to activate the various modules on your Stripe account. You will need to wait a little before carrying out a test payment. Once the Stripe option is active, carry out a test payment to check that everything is working properly.
💬 Please do not hesitate to contact your Business Coaches should you have any questions!